Mick Hall Teaches How To Effectively Use Strikes To Close The Distance And Dominate The Fight!
- Utilize over a dozen methods to safely and successfully close the distance.
- Diversify your striking arsenal by using tools that you already possess to close the distance and transition directly to takedowns.
- Work your way to consistent takedowns and avoid damaging strikes.
- Make your takedowns efficient with superior setups, and details that make takedowns possible even without an extensive wrestling background.
- Use jab, cross, hook, overhand, push kick, and more to close the distance and secure the takedown!
Digital video available for immediate viewing online
Shootboxing Fundamentals Covers A Wide Range Of Methods To Safely Close The Distance And Transition Directly To Takedowns!
Check Out The Trailer!
What Will You Learn?
MMA Coach and BJJ Black Belt Mick Hall looks to clear the air about how to successfully close the distance and secure takedowns. Hall’s latest series, Shootboxing Fundamentals: Closing The Distance For Takedowns, breaks down how to successfully utilize strikes, feints, counters, and more to get into perfect position to secure takedowns.
Understanding range and where your opponent is most dangerous, is a major theme that Mick covers to ensure you can avoid damage when getting into range of your opponent. Closing the distance and securing grips on your opponent is a great way to execute takedowns. In settings that permit striking shooting for takedowns from the outside can lead to devastating results. Hall will help you develop the coordination to transition from strikes directly into takedowns.
The series focuses on giving you essential skills that will allow you to avoid damage while simultaneously securing takedowns. Coach Hall demonstrates how to use classic strikes such as the jab, cross, hook, uppercut, and overhand to occupy your opponent’s hands as you close the distance. Making your opponent defend is crucial to closing the distance. Mick shares his favorite ways to put the opponent on defense as you work your way towards the takedown.
Shootboxing Fundamentals breaks down the most effective takedowns that you can transition to directly from strikes, counters, feints, and more. Even without an extensive wrestling background you’ll be able to snag singles, snap downs, double legs, and much more. Use easy-to-learn striking skills to set up efficient and safe takedowns with Coach Mick Hall!
So, What Exactly Do You Get?
- JAB ENTRY
- CROSS ENTRY
- HOOK ENTRY
- OVERHAND ENTRY
- HEAD MOVEMENT ENTRY
- TAKE DOWN OPTIONS
- USING FEINTS & UPPERCUTS
- USING MOVEMENT
- HITTING THE TARGET & CLEARING THE PATH
- CHECKING THE HANDS
- PUNCH PAST & CLUBS
- CROSS FARMING
- THE THAI HOP
- KNEE & ANKLE TAPS
- POSTING SINGLE LEG