- The Southpaw stance is much more common in MMA than other combat sports, Gibson shares how to effectively set up combinations, utilize footwork, and MORE against Southpaws!
- Learn to slip punches and immediately counter with power and accuracy.
- Understand the differences in footwork when fighting a southpaw with Brandon’s fundamental footwork section of the instructional!
- Develop your skills vs Southpaws with Gibson’s battle-tested drills as demonstrated by his star pupil Aaron Pico!
- Cut out any confusion when facing Southpaws with Brandon Gibson’s innovative series!
Digital video available for immediate viewing online
Southpaw Strategies Takes An In-Depth Look At Easy-To-Learn Strategies On Dealing With Southpaw Fighters!
Check Out The Trailer!
What Will You Learn?
Brandon Gibson adds another must-have instructional with Southpaw Strategies where he details the keys to success when fighting a Southpaw fighter from an orthodox stance. The series covers everything from fundamental footwork to sophisticated slipping and sticking drills!
Gibson has helped some of MMA’s best strikers develop their skills for the legendary JacksonWink MMA Academy in New Mexico. Take your game to the next level by being fully prepared to face the dreaded Southpaw stance!
Although most of the population is right-handed, for several reasons the Southpaw stance is more common in MMA than other combat sports. In sports like wrestling or judo oftentimes athletes lead with their dominant hand, whereas sports like boxing keep the dominant (power hand) at the rear of their stance. This leads to more fighters utilizing a Southpaw stance even though they may not be left-handed! Encountering a Southpaw will no doubt occur if you are in the sport long enough, so having the ability to deal with the unusual angles, strikes, and footwork can be tricky!
Thankfully, Gibson applies a battle-tested approach to his instruction where he shares real-world experience on fighting Southpaws. Learn to slip in and out of danger while setting up hard-hitting shots that are especially effective against Southpaw fighters. Utilize tempo shifts and overwhelm opponents with multiple versions of a concept Gibson calls “doubling up”. This will keep your opponents occupied and keep them from utilizing their Southpaw Sorcery!
So, What Exactly Do You Get?
- FOOTWORK FUNDAMENTALS
- INSIDE SLIP TO COUNTERS
- DOUBLING UP
- DOUBLING UP PART 2
- MICKY WARD
- SHIFTING TO INSIDE
- OUTSIDE INSIDE SLIP DRILL