Cover a wide range of knees and elbows from all ranges.
- Use counter knees to punish your opponent every time they attack.
- Kongo teaches how to effectively trap strikes and transition to fight-ending elbows.
- Take your new-found knowledge from standing elbows and apply them to the ground by fighting off takedowns and punishing from the top.
- Set up your strikes with slick setups that will have you in range and controlling the action.
- The competition will think twice about shooting in for a takedown thanks to The MMA Muay Thai Manual!
Digital video available for immediate viewing online
Learn to generate Fight Stopping power with Knees and Elbows from 18-Fight UFC Veteran & Bellator Contender Cheick Kongo!
Check Out The Trailer!
What Will You Learn?
The ability to be truly dangerous from everywhere can be a difficult proposition. MMA competition has evolved the striking game to a point where some athletes have reached the point where they can strike from all ranges, defend takedowns, and hit hard on the ground. One such athlete is MMA Great Cheick Kongo.
Throughout Cheick’s time in MMA he has been able to score comeback KO’s, slick elbows, and horrifying ground strikes. The MMA Muay Thai Manual is a 3-part instructional that collects Cheick’s best elbow and strikes for MMA in an easy to follow series that will have you becoming a more devastating striker.
Lay the foundation for your strikes by learning the fundamentals of elbows and knees. Kongo shares the finer details of generating power and accuracy for both strikes. Learn everything from foot placement to body lean for effective knees and elbows. Once you start to grasp how to hit hard with each strike a whole other dimension of striking opens up!
Both Elbows and Knees lend themselves PERFECTLY to effective counter striking. Since each strike has a specific range, it’s important to use them appropriately. When your opponent strikes with punches OR kicks there is a good chance you can find a place for your creative counter. The MMA Muay Thai Manual provides a repeatable process to counter your opponent with knees and elbows. Cheick’s reactive approach will have you seeing what is coming and prepared to counter!
Setups are crucial for landing elbows and knees. Leading with an elbow is more than likely going to leave you open to be countered due to lack of range. However, with the right set up you can start to set traps that your opponent won’t be able to react to!
Setting Up The Knee To Body
So, What Exactly Do You Get?
- Knee Strike Fundamentals
- Elbow Strike Fundamentals
- Countering the mid kick
- Countering the Takedown
- Striking From The Body Lock and Clinch
- Countering the Clinch
- Strike setups with the low kick
- Inside Knees From The Clinch
- Setting Up The Knee To Body
- Biceps Strike From Clinch
- Countering the Single/Double Leg
- Ground Striking
- Push Kick
- Counter striking with elbows
- Fight Philosophy