Ross Pearson: Record, Net Worth, Weight, Age & More!
Who is Ross Pearson?
Ross “The Real Deal” Pearson is a former English UFC fighter and a master mixed martial artist. Pearson is the lightweight winner of The Ultimate Fighter 9 and the UF Lightweight Champion. Ross Pearson started fighting MMA professionally in 2004 and earned his spot in UFC in 2009.
What this article covers:
- Who is Ross Pearson?
- How Old is Ross Pearson?
- How Much is Ross Pearson Worth?
- How Tall is Ross Pearson?
- How Much Does Ross Pearson Weigh?
- Ross Pearson’s Fight List
- Ross Pearson's Best Fight of All Time
- Ross Pearson’s Record
His last fight with UFC took place in 2019 along with his last professional fight. He is a member of the Alliance MMA Gym and was coached by Nick Hands, Sean Casey, and Barry Gibson. Pearson has his black belt in Tae Kwon Do, a brown belt in Judo, and a blue belt in Brazilia Jiu-Jitsu. Ross Pearson has also been featured in five of the official UFC video games.
How Old is Ross Pearson?
Ross Pearson was born on September 26, 1984, in Sunderland, England. He is 38 years old.
Ross Pearson’s Family
Ross Pearson was born in Sunderland, England. His parents put him in Tae Kwon Do at the age of 6. Eventually, he would also start to train in boxing and judo in high school.
Ross Pearson is married to Kristie Jane Pearson who is a ring girl for UFC. Ross and Kristie have two daughters together, Gracie and Elle.
How Much is Ross Pearson Worth?
It is believed that Ross Pearson has a net worth of $200 thousand.
How Tall is Ross Pearson?
Ross Pearson is 5 ft and 8 in tall. This equates to 1.73 m.
How Much Does Ross Pearson Weigh?
Ross Pearson is most recently noted weighing in at 170 lbs. This is the same as 77 kg. He has fought in welterweight, lightweight, and featherweight.
Ross Pearson’s Fight List
Before fighting in UFC, Ross Pearson had fought in an array of other championships. These championships include HOP 1 - Fight Night 1, Goshin Ryu 21, Cage Warriors 31: Enter the Rough House 5, Goshin Ryu 23, Strike and Submit 6, UF: Punishment, Goshin Ryu 24, CG 9: Beatdown, and Ultimate Force: Nemesis.
Ross Pearson's Best Fight of All Time
Ross “The Real Deal” Pearson’s best fight of all time was his fight against Sam Stout. Pearson was able to knock out Sam Stout in the second round at the 1:33 mark. Pearson was able to land a fight-ending left hook on Stout that instantly knocked him to the ground. The fight took place on UFC 185 on March 14, 2015. UFC deemed it the knockout of the week at the time.
Who Did Ross Pearson Lose To?
During Ross Pearson’s 38-match professional career, he lost 17 times. He lost against:
- Chris Hughes at HOP 1: Fight Night 1 on December 12, 2004. Pearson lost by submission.
- Curt Warburton at MMA Total Combat 21 on September 22, 2007. Pearson lost by TKO.
- Abdul Mohamed at Cage Gladiators 9: Beatdown on October 4, 2008. Pearson lost by decision.
- Cole Miller at UFC Fight Night: Marquardt vs. Palhares on September 15, 2010. Pearson lost by a decision.
- Edson Barboza at UFC 134 on August 27, 2011. Pearson lost by decision.
- Cub Swanson at UFC on FX: Maynard Guida on June 22, 2012. Pearson lost by TKO.
- Diego Sanchez UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs. Khabilov on June 7, 2014. Pearson lost by a decision.
- Al Iaquinta at UFC Fight Night: Rockhold vs. Bisping on November 8, 2014. Pearson was lost by TKO.
- Evan Dunham at UFC Fight Night: Bisping vs. Leites on July 18, 2015. Pearson lost by a decision.
- Francisco Trinaldo at UFC Fight Night: Dillashaw vs. Cruz on January 17, 2016. Pearson lost by a decision.
- Will Brooks at The Ultimate Fighter: Team Joanna vs. Team Cláudia Finale on July 8, 2016. Pearson lost by a decision.
- Jorge Masvidal at UFC 201 on July 30, 2016. Pearson lost by a decision.
- Stevie Ray at UFC Fight Night: Mousasi vs. Hall 2 on November 19, 2016. Pearson lost by a decision.
- Dan Hooker at UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs. Hunt on June 11, 2017. Pearson lost by KO.
- John Makdessi at UFC on Fox: Alvarez vs. Poirier 2 on July 28, 2018. Pearson lost by a decision.
- Desmond Green at UFC on ESPN: Barboza vs. Gaethje on March 30, 2019. Pearson was lost by TKO.
- Davy Gallon at Probellum 1 on November 16, 2019. Pearson was lost by KO.
Ross Pearson’s Record
Ross Pearson has a professional MMA record of 38 fights in total. He has won 20 of these fights, lost 17, and had one no-contest. Seven of his wins were by knockout, 5 were by submission, and 8 were by decision.
Ross Pearson’s Injuries
Ross Pearson broke his foot during his match with Ryan Couture on UFC on Fuel TV 9. No one at the time knew he had injured his foot. He even remarked that he thought he might have broken his toe warming up before the match. Only after the match did he reveal that he broke his fight when fighting. Pearson was able to secure the win despite the injury.
Is Ross Pearson Retired?
Ross Pearson retired from professional fighting in 2019. His last fight was against Davy Gallon at Probellum 1. Now you can find Ross Pearson sharing his knowledge at places like The Wrestling Foundation. He is also creating instructional videos to help other aspiring fighters alongside Dynamic Striking.
If you enjoyed this piece, check out these fighters: